Monday, January 18, 2010

The Golden Globes - Red Carpet Dresses

It's that time of the year, one of my favorite times of the year- award season! As someone who loves fashion and has a background in fashion and visual merchandising I am a sucker for all of the glitz, the glamour, the amazing gowns, and the million dollar jewels! I have to admit that I enjoy watching the red carpet pre-shows more than I actually enjoy watching the awards ceremonies themselves...but can you blame me? This year the celebs were out if full force, and full fashion, despite the pouring rain. A few trends that I especially noticed, loved, and that I know will translate well into bridal fashion are ruffles, one-shoulder dresses, and short lengths. Will your wedding dress feature oh-so-beautiful ruffles? Or how about the much needed update to the strapless wedding dress, the one-shoulder gown? Or will you strut down the aisle in a short knee bearing dress?

Ruffles


Emily Blunt in Dolce & Gabbana, Jennifer Morrison in Luis Antonio, Heidi Klum in Roberto Cavalli, Lea Michele in Oscar de la Renta, Zoe Saldana in Louis Vuitton, and Christina Hendricks in Christian Siriano.

One-Shoulder

Reese Witherspoon in Giorgio Armani, Anna Kendrick in Marchesa, Amy Poehler in Jay Godfrey, Drew Berrymore in Atelier Versace, Jennifer Aniston in Valentino, and Jane Krakowski in J. Mendel

Short


Ginnifer Goodwin in Vionnet, Julia Roberts in Yves Saint Laurent, and Kristen Bell in Jasmine di Milo.

Notable Others I Loved

Penelope Cruz in Giorgio Armani Prive, Anna Paquin in Stella McCartney, Sandra Bullock in Bottega Veneta, Kate Hudson in Marchesa, Jennifer Bowen in Georges Hobeika, and Fergie in Elie Saab

All photos from wwd.com and instyle.com

Photobucket

0 comments:

Post a Comment